UC Davis Ethics and Compliance Program
As stated in the University of California Standards of Ethical Conduct the "pursuit of the University of California’s mission of teaching, research and public service requires a shared commitment to the core values of the University as well as a commitment to the ethical conduct of all University activities." UC Davis is committed to conducting its affairs ethically and in compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. The Ethics and Compliance Risk Committee (ECRC), comprised of senior campus leadership, meets regularly and is responsible for promoting a culture of compliance, developing a campus ethics and compliance program, and monitoring the effectiveness of compliance practices. The Compliance Council, which reports to the ECRC, implements the campus ethics and compliance program and identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerabilities and responsive mitigation plans.
Whistleblower and Whistleblower Retaliation Reports
Employees, students, and others who suspect that a UC Davis employee is engaged in unethical behavior that constitutes an improper governmental activity, are encouraged by the University to report your suspicions so that the campus can investigate the matter and take prompt corrective action as needed. Improper governmental activities include:
- Illegal acts, such as corruption, bribery, theft or misuse of University property;
- Fraud, coercion, willful omission to perform duty or economic waste;
- Any condition that may significantly threaten the health or safety of employees or the public;
- Gross misconduct, incompetence or inefficiency by University employees; or
- Serious or substantial violations of University policy.
The University’s Whistleblower Protection Policy protects employees and applicants for employment from retaliation for reporting suspected improper governmental activities. Students and others are also protected from retaliation for reporting whistleblower concerns. For more information about how to make a whistleblower or whistleblower retaliation complaint, click here.
Further information about the University’s Ethics and Compliance program:
- University Office of Ethics, Compliance and Audit Services
- University of California Statement of Ethical Values
- University of California Standards of Ethical Conduct
- UC Davis Ethics and Compliance Risk Committee
- Campus Ethics and Compliance Resources